During the last few months, there has been a rash of blog posts cropping up left and right about local affiliate marketing. There have been good ones and bad ones and then all the guest posts by Dennis Yu. All of that aside, if you are an affiliate blogger then you owe it to yourself to write one of these bad boys. Here’s how it is done…
1. Tell your readers how there is a whole new world of affiliate marketing right in their backyard, where they can be their own boss and not have to worry about the big bad networks and advertisers scrubbing all of their leads.
2. Make sure to mention that Dentists, Lawyers, Massage Therapists, Insurance & Real Estate Agents and anyone else who commonly works off of referrals are the best worst possible candidates because they understand the value of a good lead.
3. Explain to them that this is going to take some good old fashioned salesmanship on their part, because they most likely have not harnessed the power of the internet yet. If that doesn’t scare them away, then mention that there will always be squabbles over what counts as a lead at the end of the month.
4. Bring up the fact that Google Voice is amazing and that you have been using it for local lead gen forever, even though 99% of your readers can’t get an invite.
5. Throw some massive numbers around, like how the keyword “San Francisco DUI Attorney” is going for over $20 per click on the search engines. If you have the stones, substitute in your own keyword or niche to scare them away from competing with you.
7. Profit! Enjoy shooting fish in a barrel until the next wave of young pups learns what you have been up to and spoils all the ROI for you.